Anticipated release date starting on: April 23, 2020
Hello valued customer and Winston supporter,
This notification is to inform you that we will be releasing a new version of firmware for your Winston in the next couple of days. As your Winston automatically updates, you will get the benefits of all of our newest enhancements, improvements, or bug fixes that will make your internet experience even better. Below is a summarized list of what is included in this new release version.
** All Winston devices with active subscriptions will receive this update. **
This release includes new feature enhancements, and several bug-fixes that address performance and stability issues.
- Smart Blocking feature now available. This greatly increases compatibility with mobile apps, websites and connected devices.
- Implemented congestion avoidance algorithms to reduce P2P usage while the internet is in active use.
Improved P2P connection speed and reliability between slow and fast peers.
- Implemented head-of-line algorithm to enable small requests to load without waiting for large ones.
- Corrected issue preventing new filters from appearing on the Dashboard Filters page.
- Resolved or improved compatibility for Yahoo, Adventure Academy, and Google Calendar.
- Other small bug fixes - as always.
- New "Fast" option available during setup. This mode increases speed and compatibility by enabling fewer privacy protection features.
- Addition of Winston's Tiny Blacklist filter
If you have any questions, or experience any issues, please contact Winston Support at email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting Winston.
For additional reference, here are some helpful links:
- Website: https://winstonprivacy.com/
- Winston Dashboard: https://my.winstonprivacy.com/dashboard
- Winston Support FAQ: https://support.winstonprivacy.com/support/home
- Submit a new ticket: https://support.winstonprivacy.com/support/tickets/new