Anticipated release date starting on: April 2, 2020
Hello valued customer and Winston supporter,
This notification is to inform you that we will be releasing a new version of firmware for your Winston in the next couple of days. As your Winston automatically updates, you will get the benefits of all of our newest enhancements, improvements, or bug fixes that will make your internet experience even better. Below is a summarized list of what is included in this new release version.
** All Winston devices with active subscriptions will receive this update. **
This release includes new feature enhancements, and several bug-fixes that address performance and stability issues.
- Greatly improved reliability for cloaked and whitelisted requests, resulting in far fewer failed webpages or network device issues.
- Resolved an issue whereby memory usage gradually built up, causing an occasional restart.
- Implemented bandwidth throttling to prevent high usage as seen by an ISP for P2P data sharing traffic.
- Improved the P2P Disable function to ensure mesh traffic is suspended.
- Enhanced the setup process for automatic secondary DNS detection. The setup website will attempt to detect network routers that are configured with secondary DNS settings and alert the user if found.
- Other small bug fixes - as always
- Dashboard Tour - The dashboard now has a "Tour" feature to show you what's what.
- Module Recommendations - The new version will auto-detect modules and update its recommendations once per day. You will be able to select these on the updated Setup website (and soon, the modules page on the dashboard).
If you have any questions, or experience any issues, please contact Winston Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for supporting Winston.
For additional reference, here are some helpful links:
- Website: https://winstonprivacy.com/
- Winston Dashboard: https://my.winstonprivacy.com/dashboard
- Winston Support FAQ: https://support.winstonprivacy.com/support/home
- Submit a new ticket: https://support.winstonprivacy.com/support/tickets/new