Anticipated release date: February 24, 2020
Winston will automatically update its firmware when new versions are released.
This is a major release that substantially improves the user experience in all areas of Winston's system:
- Improved Winston system time management and accuracy.
- Improved Internet stability through reduction in errors and broken connections.
- Tuning of the Privacy Mesh Network resulting in an increase in the number of Anonymous Exit Points and Cloaked Bandwidth Available. If you have NAT on the WAN side of Winston, such as from a firewall or a combination modem-router, this will double the number of possible connections.
- Improved system memory utilization.
- New: Added additional detailed networking information on the Advanced Settings tab to include WAN/LAN address of Winston.
- New: Introduced Passthrough Mode on the Advanced Settings tab to allow you to quickly determine if Winston is blocking any ports on the network.
- New: Added definition for each traffic condition status
- New: Added toggle onto the Dashboard to enable/disable your Winston.
- New: Introduced Network Health widget to provide bandwidth usage statistics.
- Improved: Collapsed Whitelist and Blacklist pages to the Domain page
- Improved: Live View to allow for setting alteration.
- Improved: Redesigned header widgets to indicate the filtered and cloaked statuses.
- Other minor fixes and improvements.
- Added Benchmark Current Page functionality that provides page performance with and without Winston for comparison.