Estimated release date:
- v1.1.3 firmware September 1, 2019.
- v1.1.2 extension
- Chrome August 26, 2019
- Firefox August 22, 2019
Winston will automatically update its firmware when new versions are released.
Extensions will automatically update, assuming the user has maintained default settings in their browser.
This is a minor release primarily intended to provide some fixes and improve user experience:
- New: Add a user interface for new port forwarding capabilities.
- Improvement: Improved the display of the dashboard at lower resolutions
- Fix: Tracking Attempts Blocked Today was not resetting daily.
- New: Port forwarding is now available at http://my.winstonprivacy.com/firewall
- New: We've implemented some measures to defeat certain anti-adblocking techniques some sites use.
- Improvement: The tables which hold data for the reporting on the dashboard are now being compressed nightly to prevent excess RAM and CPU usage with large data sets.
- Improvement: The timeout for low-bandwidth streaming was increased to 10 minutes.
- Fix: Privacy Risk Scoring was counting unique referrers multiple times.
- Fix: The diagnostic endpoint for port 82 was failing, causing the dashboard to stop working and ads start appearing.
- Fix: Users' manual changes to blocked lists from the 3rd party filters were being overwritten with each filter update.
- Fix: Users experienced 403 Access Forbidden errors on some Allowed pages with the Extension installed.
- Fix: On some sites, cookies were being modified to be blank, causing the sites to not load properly.